200h Teacher Training 2023 – with Kevin Beavers
May 18th – November 26th 2023 in Düsseldorf
– limited spots left -
ABOUT THE TRAINING
This training is intended for dedicated practitioners wishing to deepening their understanding and experience with yoga as well as for those interested in starting on the path to becoming excellent yoga teachers. During the 200 hours of training, students will develop a sound knowledge of the postures (asanas), breath work (pranayama), meditation, applied anatomy, yoga therapy, theory, history, and philosophy of yoga. You will learn the techniques and skills to teach various yoga styles such as vinyasa flow and hatha yoga.
The focus of the the teacher training will be:
- Asana practice, pose form and alignment, and further refinements
- Understanding the body, anatomy, kinesiology
- An array of important and effective teaching skills as verbal instructions, modifications, demonstrations, hands-on assists
- Philosophy and Yoga History
- Pranayama, mudra, mantra, and meditation
- The art of teaching alignment based classes
- The art of teaching Vinyasa Flow classes
- The art of effective and progressive sequencing
- The art of theming and theme integration in an asana classes
- Working with pregnancy, injury, and other conditions
- Ethics and business of teaching yoga
WHAT MAKES OUR TRAINING SPECIAL
- Your growth and development are the top priorities of the Shivasloft teacher training. We offer a profoundly deep, educational journey that it is also a come-as-you-are affair; even if you can’t touch your toes, or if you have some injury, or if you are inexperienced, we fully welcome you to a sophisticated experience. This training is an opportunity for you to invest in yourself.
- With his background as a lifelong teacher, Kevin brings his pedagogic knowledge and experience to our training to create the best possible learning environment. As a professional musician, Kevin has taught at the Universities of Texas and Colorado and has grown a deep understanding of how to support students as they achieve their goals. We will create a stress-free and uplifting atmosphere in which you can discover your full potential.
- We understand that not everyone has the same time and energy to give to the training. Therefore, we give you the freedom to choose how you invest your time and energy over the course of the training. We see it as a beginning of a longer, lifelong path of development.
- We take an undogmatic approach that invites you to form your own opinions, especially on philosophical and esoteric topics. You will become educated on a wide range of ideas and possibilities so that you can form your own opinions and make educated choices.
- Anatomical topics are spread out throughout the training, making otherwise challenging concepts, simple through discussions, readings and on-the-mat-exploration. By continuous nurturing of anatomical concepts, you will grow a sustained and lasting understanding that will be of value to you on the mat or as a teacher of yoga.
- We are proud that our resources have developed and improved every year since our start in 2017. Kevin has written a full book which covers all relevant topics and a workbook to help you understand those materials.
Kevin brings years of passionate exploration of yoga to his teaching. A dedicated practitioner since 1998, he has been a student of Iyengar, Ashtanga, and most extensively Anusara Yoga and has recently been a student of internationally renowned teacher Noah Mazé. Kevin delights in sharing insights from his personal practice and experience and in helping beginning to advanced students alike to explore the depth of yoga and to discover the fine details and big transformations. His background as a professional musician shapes his view of yoga. As in music, yoga offers a discipline filled with opportunities to explore creative action and artistry that brings one intensely and directly into the heart of the experience of being alive. Kevin teaches in english and german.
Verena Siems, along with Kevin, is a co-director of Shivasloft. She is trained in Vinyasa, Hatha and Anusara Yoga and will co-teach the training with Kevin. Verena is also the contact partner for all organizational matters.
SUGGESTED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of one year of regular yoga practice
- Openness and readiness to participate in a group training
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Dedication, motivation and independent learning skills
- Students with injuries or other limitations are welcome
- Teaching experience is not necessary
- A good working knowledge of English is advised
The Training will be held in our beautiful studios in Düsseldorf Friedrichstadt and Flingern. Close to the studios you will find several Cafés and restaurants.
Our training follows the international standards of Yoga Alliance and is certified with Yoga Alliance. After successful completion of the training you will receive an according diploma from Shivasloft Yoga School RYS®.
INFO TALK ABOUIT THE TRAINING
On April 30th at 1p.m. there will be an info talk on the training in our studio Flingern. Here we introduce ourselves and the training and have plenty of time for your questions. To participate, please register via email.
You are also welcome to contact us independently of the info talk for a personal conversation – via zoom, telephone or in the studio.
REGISTRATION AND COSTS
Costs for the Teacher Training are:
- Super Early Bird – Registration and full payment before October 31 2022 – 3150€
- Early Bird – Registration and full payment before December 31 2022 – 3350€
- Regular Rate – Registration and full payment after December 31 2022 – 3550€
- Due date for payment April 15th 2023
- Payment by installments if possible according to agreement – Rate – 3750€
To secure a place in the training, a registration deposit of 750 Euro. The price of the training includes teaching material like the Teacher Training Book “The Urban Yoga Reader” from Kevin Beavers. Costs not included are: 2-3 reference books. which will be needed for the training.
Discounts: Participants of the teacher training will get a 50% discount on Shivasloft memberships and 20% discount on 10cards during the teacher training from May – November.
Registration: To register for the training, please send an email with your full address and contact details to email@example.com.
You might be able to receive a financial funding up to 500€ – check the conditions here:https://www.weiterbildungsberatung.nrw/foerderung/bildungsscheck and https://www.bildungspraemie.info/
- Module 1 / May 18-21 – Ascension of Christ (Thursday – Sunday 9am-6pm)
- Module 2 / June 8-11 – Corpus Christi (Thursday – Sunday 9am-6pm)
- Module 3 / July 7-9 (Friday 6-9pm, Saturday + Sunday 9am-6pm)
- Module 4 / August 25-27 (Friday 6-9pm, Saturday + Sunday 9am-6pm)
- Module 5 / September 30 – October 3 – Tag der deutschen Einheit (Saturday – Tuesday 9am-6pm)
- Module 6 / October 28-29 (Saturday + Sunday 9am-6pm)
- Module 7 / November 25-26 (Saturday + Sunday 9am-6pm)
Small changes may occur
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The number of participants is limited to 26 people.
With your registration you accept our cancellation policy:
- For cancellation up to 6 weeks before the start of training, 25% of the training costs are payable as processing fee
- For cancellation made less than 6 weeks before the start of training 100% of training costs are due
- Regardless of the reasons of cancellation, obligations for payment may persist